Who says you cannot enjoy a creamy, cheesy and tasty vegan pasta?
This recipe is easy and super yummy.
The base of the sauce is cashews and that is what adds all the texture to the sauce.
So let's get started.
Quantity: 1-2 serving
200g Pasta of your choice
1/2 cup Raw Cashews
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
2 tbs barbecue sauce (optional)
1 cup non diary milk (I use soy milk)
1 small onion (chopped)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup or more mushrooms
1 cup or more spinach
1 cup water
Salt and Pepper
1. Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30-45 mins
2. In the mean time boil the pasta of your choice.
3. Take a food processor and add the cashews (drain the water), lemon juice, non - diary milk and barbeque sauce. Blend all the ingredients to a creamy consistency.
4. Sautee the onion on medium high flame using some water. Add the minced garlic and let it brown for a few minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and cook till soft and then add the spinach and salt & pepper seasoning.
6. Pour the creamy cashew sauce over the sauteed vegetables and bring down the heat to medium low.
7. Add some water and adjust the thickness of the sauce as per your liking.
8. Lastly add the pasta and stir it in the sauce. You can even garnish it with oregano and chilli flakes.
Enjoy your creamy alfredo pasta
P.S you can add more veggies like broccoli, bell peppers and zucchini to this recipe to make healthier :)